Welcome to my fashion blog!

The banner is illumination from a copy of The Gutenberg Bible.


Welcome! This is Trilby Minotaur Serenade's blog about art and fashion in the virtual world of Second Life.



Monday, December 19, 2016

Mesh heads are Clones!

I hear that a lot, 'Mesh heads look like clones'. Granted, each one has its own look and some are more versatile than others. Still, even before bento, there were so many heads out there and so many skins and makeups for them that they didn't really look that much alike. Now, with bento, you can change the shape of your head almost the same as you can a system skin.

Here's the Catya mesh head from Catwa in it's default skin and shape:


Here it is after I changed the shape:


I made the mouth and eyes a little bigger, shaped the nose, tweaked it here and there. Here's that shape wearing 9 skins:


Everything is the same except for the skins. If I can look this many ways on one shape, so can everyone else who has the head. Change the shape, hair, clothes, makeup, and skin tones. How many looks are possible? How many looks are possible with a system head? It doesn't matter to me at all if you wear a mesh head or a system head. There's room for everything in our wonderful world of SL. All I ask is that you think before you tell me I'm a clone because I choose to wear a mesh head.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog, Trilby, and I totally agree with you about mesh heads! We all had that fear when they first came out, but they've come a LONG way since then! Really, the sky is the limit for how you can make your own mesh head look, as you have demonstrated so well here!

    ReplyDelete