Welcome to my fashion blog!

The banner is illumination from a copy of The Gutenberg Bible.


Welcome! This is Trilby Minotaur's blog about art and fashion in the virtual world of Second Life.



Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Another Event Another Outfit

My Grandmother collected teacups, and I have her collection now, displayed on a three tiered table in the parlor. I like to put teacups in the environments I make in Second Life. Sometimes they are up for awhile, sometimes I take them down quickly. Lately I've been working on a giant teacup installation. The teacups spin, of course. You can walk up a teacup/teaspoon trail and have tea at the top, at least you can until I have another idea. My teacup extravaganza is the setting of some of the following photos.


Here I am in the teacup garden. A giant teapot pours tea, and it flows down the hill until it becomes a waterfall of tea, and flows into the riverways of Caledon.

I never wanted to be modern. In my head I'm living in the 1890s. In my grandmother's day, it was the fashion to be pale. Even as a child when my friends were out getting tans, I stayed inside and read books. I went to We Love Roleplay today to try on the skin I'm wearing. It's a very pale gray. Can you tell I like to exaggerate? Another thing I like is birds. Trees too. I had to buy this dress, which has a skirt made of roots with birds flying around my head. I felt I needed a theatrical pose to go with it, something like a circus.


I made the bird tattoo on my head a few days ago. Here I'm trying to fly with the birds in my dress. Up! Up! Through the teacups! They circle me. Teacups spin, birds swoop, terns turn.

Credits:

Fuchsia Crown from Lode (gacha prize) @ Shiny Shabby
Yua hair from Monso
Abadon dress from Zibska @ WLRP
Yarrow shoes from Empire
*YS&YS* Warrior Skin Vamp Tone @ WLRP
Lara Hurley lipstick Gia
Maitreya body

Location: Trilby's Teacups

Windlight: several from the Torley SciFi series






2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT job, Trilby!!!!! I love the teacup tower you made and the photos you took of them and yourself! What a wonderful blog!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete